|Imagen de Loco Steve de flickr con licencia Creative Commons
Paula and Carlos seem to be more and more interested in Malta. Now, they have found a video which explains what Malta can offer them. You can also share their enthusiasm by watching the video.
AV – Pregunta Verdadero-Falso
Watch the video of Malta and say if the following statements are true or false.
If it is necessary you can watch the video twice.
- The climate of the Maltese islands is described as dry and boiling all year round.
- In 1555 the Great Siege of Malta took place when the Ottoman Empire invaded the island.
- The capital city of Malta was named after Jean Parison de la Valette.
- Caravaggio lived in Malta for one year.
- Malta, Gozo and Comino are ideal places to explore picturesque fishing villages.
- If shopping is your thing, Malta has a great deal to offer.
- Accommodation in Malta caters for all types of visitors.
- A combination of tradition and entertainment is available in Malta.
Now that you know a bit more about Malta, which of the following adjectives would you use to describe the island? Go to the forum and explain to your partners why you have chosen these adjectives. Do they think the same as you?
Synonyms and antonyms are an essential part of the English language since it helps you to expand your vocabulary and choose the appropriate word for the appropriate occasion. Click here and you will find a full list of words arranged alphabetically with synonyms, antonyms and contextual examples of each word you are interested in: