1. My daily routine
Listen to Katie’s daily routine and take some notes about what she does at each time:
|Unit 1 – Lesson 3 – Podcast number 2|
|1 pm – 5 pm||_______________________________________________________________________________________________|
I meditate and read something inspiring.
Unless I am working on something very pressing…
These are the basic uses of these two tenses.The Present Simple is used for:
- regular actions or events.
- facts or things that always happen.
The Present Continuous is used for:
- the time of speaking: unfinished actions happening now.
- things which are true at the moment but not always or actions happening around the time of speaking.
What is your daily routine like? What things do you have to do at work or at home? Take some notes about what you do every day: your daily routine. Then post a spoken message in the forum telling your partners and tutor about it.
Try not to read your notes. Speaking is not reading! It is normal to repeat things, to hesitate and to make mistakes. Here you have some advice:
- Don’t write and then read. Make notes and then use them as prompts.
- Check the pronunciation of difficult words beforehand.
- Use the present simple, frequency adverbs and expressions.
- Take your time. Don’t speak too fast.
- Make it as interesting as possible. Include some surprising information.
Deja una respuesta