In Lesson 3 you have practised your four skills:
– We have learnt about skimming, scanning and detailed Reading.
– The Listening activities in the lesson have ranges from tips for a job interview to descrition of habits and routines.
– In order to improve your Speaking, you have practised talking about your daily routine.
– In the Writing section you have learnt how to write a CV and a cover letter.
In order to improve those skills, we have reviewed:
– language functions involved in getting a job (describing, asking for information…)
– vocabulary: education, describing your work.
– grammar: talking about the future, including the future perfect and future continuous tenses.
– pronunciation: stress-timed vs syllable-timed languages.
With regards to culture, we have learnt a lot about Scotland, its education system, traditions, language varieties,